Hiding Anne Frank
Prudence Wright Holmes as Miep Gies
The Miep Gies Story
A Solo show
Written and Performed by Prudence Wright Holmes
Directed by Danielle Winston
Miep Gies was a 32 year old secretary in Otto Frank’s office when he asked her to to help him and his family hide from the Nazis. She immediately said yes. At great risk to her own life, she brought food and other supplies to the Franks on a daily basis for over two years. After the Franks were arrested, she saved Anne’s diary and later went to Gestapo Headquarters to try to buy the Franks’ freedom. Miep was knighted by Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and later attended the Academy Awards in 2010 where she won an Oscar for the film based on her book, Anne Frank Remembered. She was 100 years old.
For information on Prudence’s other shows: Agatha Christie, Harper Lee, Willa Cather and Bexley, OH!
- Dec 30, 2018, The Circle of Friends, Myrtle Beach, SC
- April 15, 2019 , East Meadow Library, East Meadow, NY
- June 15, 2019. Long Beach Library, Long Beach, NY
- July 17,2019, Norwalk Library, Norwalk, NY
- October 10, 2019, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- November 25, 2019, Island Park JCC. Island Park, NY
- January 16, 2020. Ashby Ponds Theatre, Ashburn, VA
- January 17. 2020, Lansdowne Woods Theatre, Lansdowne, VA
- January 23, 2020. Ossining Library, Ossining, NY
- January 26, 2020, Traditions at Washington Crossing, Bucks County, PA
- February 14, 2020, Roosevelt University, Chicago, Il.(as part of the touring Anne Frank Exhibit)
- March 2, 2020, Actors Equity, New York City
- May 13, 2020, Wayne Library, Wayne, NJ
- September 16, 2020, Lapham Center, New Canaan. CT
” A deeply moving experience”
Horst Vollman, Holocaust survivor
“You were magnificent!”
Jude Schanzer, Program Director, East Meadow Library
Prudence Holmes’ play Hiding Anne Frank was mesmerizing from the start. It is brilliantly written and composed and Prudence plays all of the roles, seamlessly transitioning into one character after another and is completely believable. I was caught spellbound throughout the entire performance and emotionally drawn in. It was Prudence Holmes’ skill and expertise that wove this story together beautifully and her compelling performance was completely transporting.
Susan Luddeke, Professor, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
Thank you so much for the amazing performance last night. The audience was thrilled with it.
James Trapasso, Events Co-ordinator , Ossining Library
It’s always nice to welcome back Prudence Wright Holmes to Lansdowne Woods. Wonderful performance of “Hiding Anne Frank” in the Theater this evening.
Donnaliece Carey, Activities director. Lansdowne Woods
“Prudence put on an amazing performance with many levels showcasing the subject matter in a truly creative fashion!”
Shane Maritch, Audience Member